Specialty coatings and finishes that make a lasting impression.
With the profusion of TV, radio and magazine coverage of home interior design and remodeling, it’s no surprise people are becoming more adventurous with their furnishings.
One of the more popular specialty finishes is guilding. Gold, silver or copper leaf guilding can really enrich an antique, or make a lasting impression on a carved piece of furniture.
AM Furniture Finishing can also professionally create the following specialty finishes:
- Marbleizing – Create a luxurious marble appearance on wood
- Crackling – Using layers of paints, we can create a rustic charm to woods
- Faux finishes – We know the techniques to create dazzling false finishes (including marbleizing, crackling, guilding and more)
- Custom Colour Matching – We can achieve an exact colour match from your furniture or other sources.
- Gilding – Gilding is done to enhance the details on a piece of furniture, mostly on antiques and antique repreductions. In some cases, it is also done over the full surface of the furniture.